Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
This role will support the Buyer and Senior Buyer in delivering the overall product strategy for the business. Working closely with Design and Merchandise Planning, as well as many key stakeholders across the business to ensure the smooth running of the product critical path. This role will be instrumental in providing the support required to enable the future growth of Sales and Profitability for Card Factory.
- Contribute to the product development ensuring it meets customer requirements (pricing, product design, and product trend) and is linked to strategy and financial targets;
- Support Buyers to make informed decisions, manage risk, drive sales and profitability;
- Analyse and evaluate the overall performance of the product areas responsible for
- Work alongside Buyers to drive sales and profitability through effective negotiations on key deliverables;
- Is able to build working relationships within the immediate Commercial team and with other key stakeholders across Card Factory;
- Manage day to day communications effectively with suppliers whose first language may not be English;
- Confidently raises concerns to Buyers and Senior Buyers to ensure team success.
Core Accountabilities and Measures of Success
- Successfully manage a portfolio of products to ensure the critical paths for the range are followed and take corrective action to resolve issues when needed;
- Carry out Market research, generating product ideas and cost comparison data to share with the Buying team;
- Contribute to the management of the range plan, ensuring that accurate and timely data is provided to influence the decision making process;
- Check samples against product specifications, working closely with QC;
- Demonstrates effective Teamwork to deliver the product strategy by collaborating with key stakeholders across Commercial.
The Ideal Candidate
- Some purchasing experience within a similar role;
- Excellent communication both written and verbal;
- Organised and structured in approach;
- Good time management and ability to deliver to strict timescales;
- Is innovative and shares ideas with the team;
- Great attention to detail.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory