Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join the Business Development team within Card Factory to be an Account Manager helping to manage and support the partnerships Card Factory are servicing. The purpose of the role is to work within the Business Development Team to manage and maintain the category relationship with the customer.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical with strong mathematical skills who is comfortable handling and interpreting multiple data sets to deliver insight and results to both the customer and Card Factory. They will be working alongside the customer to identify opportunities, develop and implement category change to drive sales.
- Analyse price point data across each of the categories and provide space analysis on overall category and sub category performance;
- In conjunction with the customer, analyse and report on the weekly / monthly performance to all internal and external stakeholders to drive increased sales, determine operational effectiveness and identify opportunities;
- With the Replenishment Analyst, analyse and provide weekly and monthly availability reporting, reviewing both opportunities and risks whilst working with both supply chains to minimise future risks;
- Quarterly in depth category reviews with the customer reviewing sku performance whilst also effectively planning exit stock levels;
- Propose exit strategies to be presented back to the customer and Card Factory in line with category change;
- Work alongside the Replenishment Planner to validate purchase orders against sales / warehouse stock holding and lead times;
- Monitor stock forecasts alongside the Replenishment Analyst;
- Gather and share any localised knowledge / insight of opportunities within the market to the customer and Card Factory to build into future changes;
- Gather and provide trend analysis and share with the internal and external stakeholders;
- In conjunction with the customer’s buyer, identify category issues and opportunities in the retail landscape and recommend action plans, covering a wide breadth of issues including product mix, merchandising and promotions.
- Work alongside the customers marketing team to look for opportunities to drive category performance and ensure a smooth and successful launch of any activity;
- Work alongside the customers operational team to gather appropriate operational feedback to share and drive performance;
- Develop a category retail activity plan including category re-plans, refreshes or product changes including exit strategies;
- Develop a positive good relationship with the customer to understand their goals, values and objectives and be responsible for cascading the product and merchandising vision to ensure alignment between the customer and Card Factory;
- Develop and inbed procedures and processes with the customer through to Business as Usual.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent analytical and strong mathematical skills;
- Experience in handling big pieces of data and interpreting this into summaries and recommendations;
- Critical thinking;
- The ability to multi-task;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Open mindedness to a different market and changing shopper habits.
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working with greetings cards.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory