Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
The Application Manager will lead the Applications Team in the development, support and maintenance of key business applications in use across the Card Factory Group. Taking responsibility for delivering product releases and changes in line with the application roadmap and ensuring new functionality is impact assessed for business risk versus benefit.
- Work with the IT Architecture Team to define product roadmaps for key business applications in line with IT Strategy
- Manage and plan a schedule for the safe introduction of new application releases/patches to meet service requirements
- Act as a subject matter expert and work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure that existing applications are optimised to meet business needs
- Manage the 3rd line support of key business applications, liaising with other IT Teams and suppliers as required to ensure resolution of issues and service requests within SLA’s
- Identify areas for application improvement, working with the IT Service Manager to provide input into the IT Service Improvement Plan
- Provide weekly operational reports to show performance against SLA’s/KPI’s, identifying trends and highlighting areas for problem management investigation on key business applications.
- Collaborate with the wider IT team and suppliers on the review, development and testing of new applications or changes to existing modules
- Work closely with the Service Manager to identify application support requirements to facilitate the successful transition of new services into support
- Help train users on the operation of changes to key applications
- Help manage environments across systems for development and testing
- Organise forums with system users to maintain a working awareness of end user operational processes, issues and training gaps to ensure best practise use of key business applications
- Undertake Team Leadership activities for Applications Team including 1:1;s, objective setting, performance reviews, personal development plans etc
- Work with other Teams and help drive a culture of collaborative working across the IT Department with the single aim of delivering high quality services to the wider business
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including the ability to communicate technical information clearly to a non-technical audience;
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Proven experience of applications management, preferably in an omni-channel retail environment;
- Demonstrable knowledge of major enterprise business software applications i.e. ERP, Online commerce Platforms;
- Proven experience of system and application issue management and resolution;
- Ability to analyse complex problems and provide solutions, requiring hands on approach when required;
- Experience of database management - primarily MS SQL;
- Good organisational skills with the ability to successfully coordinate and train staff;
- Experience or exposure to the following systems is preferable:
- PCMS Vision Commerce Suite – POS
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (2009 /2012)
- Dell Boomi
- Sales Force Commerce Cloud
- OneAdvanced Suite – OpenAccounts, OpenHR & OpenPeople
- Understanding of Project Management principles;
- Flexibility required to provide support outside of core business hours to assist in the resolution of major incidents and to support peak trading;
- A full clean driving license essential as travel between group sites is required
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory