Area Manager - East Region
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
In this role you will oversee the management and control of stores within the designated area, to ensure consistent and high levels of customer service and store standards, to maximise sales and people potential, whilst adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure each store on your area is visited by you on a regular basis, prioritise and visit stores in line with business demand, monitoring the regularity of visits;
- On each store visit carry out a structured visit, providing the store with positive and negative feedback, completing a store action list where necessary, ensuring actions from the last visit have been met, following this up if they haven’t been completed;
- Monitor target sales for each store on a weekly and quarterly basis, investigating and feeding back on poor performance to your regional manager;
- Ensure wage costs and indirect costs for each store are kept within budget allocations, by checking the rota’s / timesheets are to store target hours, and that hours are used effectively across the area;
- Provide support and assistance to Store Managers on a commercial basis to drive sales and ensure they are working to Company policies and procedures, communicating Company announcements, support them in ensuring their store is run to maximise sales and support them to meet their objectives;
- Attend regular regional and national Company meetings, participating in feedback, and contributing to the development of new ideas and ways to move the business forward;
- Manage and develop the Store Managers on your area, dealing with performance issues, lateness, absence, grievances, conduct or capability issues in line with Company procedures, and within a timely manner;
- Liaise with the Regional Support Coordinator regarding the store opening schedule, to ensure new store openings and training are planned in, with a suitable merchandising team, whilst maintaining adequate support on the area. Be present at the hand-over stage and on the first full day of opening;
- Recruit Store Managers for new and current stores, adhering to the Company’s recruitment and selection procedures, ensuring the new recruit possesses the relevant key skills for the role;
- Ensure the staff within each store are adequately trained to be proficient in their duties and responsibilities, with suitable training documentation signed off;
- Take responsibility for ensuring that stores follow and adhere to the health and safety policy and work in a safe manner. Check that the Task Master duties are being complied with, and that the appropriate paperwork (risk assessments / operational diary) is completed;
- Ensure all weekly and monthly paperwork is completed accurately and correctly, and is submitted to your Regional Manager by the deadline date. This includes all Area Manager administration such as expenses, store visit plans, hours tracker, sales figures, and any such information as requested by your Regional Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have previous experience as an Area Manager:
- Ideally be located in or between Northampton and Cambridge;
- Maintain a high level of customer service by ensuring that service standards are high:
- Communicate effectively with Management to ensure corporate objectives are met;
- Comply with and implement Company policies and procedures;
- Have previous experience meeting corporate objectives that are set;
- Will be passionate about providing a great service to customers and training colleagues to improve retention;
- Will carry out documentation checks to ensure all colleagues have correct documentation;
- Actively aware of competition in your area and how this may affect store sales;
- Always trying to improve procedures and colleague experience.
About the Company
In return for your amazing work, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank and public holidays)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- SAYE scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Flex My Day
- Discounts at over 800 retailers.
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory