Please note: Due to the Government announcement of a further lock down in England, there may be a delay in processing your application.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are now looking to strengthen our existing IT team and are recruiting a Business Analyst.
The successful candidate joins at an exciting time for the business as a whole, but specifically an IT Department that is very centric to the delivery of our newly unveiled 5 year strategy. With the correct mind-set and capabilities, the successful candidate joins a department offering scope for exposure to experience specifically tailored to ensuring their development and future career success.
- The role involves understanding business needs and strategy to support the development of business requirements and process change;
- Support the development and implementation of new and enhanced systems and have particular focus on ensuring that these systems continue to meet business need and that users are able to effectively use them to deliver their intended business value;
- Business requirements gathering, working collaboratively with technical team members, coordinating User Acceptance Testing and often provide end user support;
- Lead the analyses, mapping and communication of current and future state business processes;
- Capture detailed requirements based on business needs, translate them into system specifications which typically include functional, non-functional, user interface, reports and external interface specifications;
- Produce Business Requirement Documentation and support the creation of the Functional Design Documentation.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will be a dynamic and energetic individual;
- You will be a good communicator who is able to effectively engage, influence and challenge stakeholders;
- Experience of working on projects and with the full system development lifecycle is essential;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present clean, organised and thorough information;
- Ideally come from a software delivery, or have technical understanding of software build/development;
- Experience of System Integration, Middleware and Interface Specifications;
- Experience prioritising requirements and managing conflicting demands;
- Workshop Facilitation experience;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain issues from both a technical and a business functional point of view;
- You will ideally have experience of working in a similar environment preferably in the retail sector, demonstrating ownership, initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is essential.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
Disclaimer: If needed, this role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites could be required at necessary times.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory