Business Change Manager
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
The Business Change Manager will play a key role in ensuring the ERP programme meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage.
This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organisation structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans on the ERP Programme for the business that maximise employee adoption and usage, and minimise resistance. The Business Change Manager will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilisation of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements will increase benefit realisation, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
The Business Change Manager will have to work through many others in the organisation to succeed, acting as a coach for Business Change Leads, senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfil the role of change sponsor.
The Business Change Manager may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Business Change Manger will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans and business units.
The Ideal Candidate
- Apply the Card Factory project methodology and lead change management activities
- Apply the change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative
- Support communication efforts
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications for the ERP Programme.
- Assess the change impact
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Support training efforts
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programmes
- Be the main ERP Programme engagement point for the Business Transformation Team and other Business Change Leads
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyse and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Support RAID Process and Requirement workshops
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult and coach business teams via Business Change Leads
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers:
- communications plan,
- sponsor roadmap,
- coaching plan,
- training plan,
- resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach Business Change Leads, managers and supervisors
- Support organisational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into business unit portfolio plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organisational level
- Fully engage the Project Concept and Initiation phases to plan up front and strive for ‘right first time’
- Solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a tendency to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organised with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organisation
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organisational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts
- Retail knowledge.
- Presentation skills.
- Process analysis and documentation
- Able to influence and negotiate with people at all levels
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel and MS Project
- Change management certification or designation desired
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory