Commercial Data Analyst
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UKs number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years with more opening all the time.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UKs large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
Scope and purpose of role
We are well-placed to take advantage of continued growth opportunities in the UK and overseas. We are looking for a Commercial Data Analyst to join us as our journey continues. In this commercial and forward-looking role, you will work with the Finance, Commercial and Retail teams. You will be responsible for significantly improving our business insight, analysis and reporting to improve the performance and decision-making of our routes to market.
- Performance measures to support and challenge the business
Using your excellent knowledge of Power BI, create compelling reporting to inform our colleagues, from the Board Room to the store, on how we are performing against our targets. Ensure visibility and understanding of timely, clear and relevant KPIs e.g. LFL sales volume and value, profit and returns for each channel through a suite of reports and dashboards
- Analysis and insight to influence strategy
In partnership with the Commercial Finance team and Senior Leaders, create new insight tools to influence and monitor our strategic goals e.g. competitor analysis, basket analysis, seasonal analysis, trials monitoring
- Evolve our Business Intelligence Capability
In collaboration with IT, develop the information available via our data warehouse and BI platforms, giving us capability to report on new and evolving data sets. As the Superuser for BI, support BI project workstreams with requirements gathering, testing and user training
- Governance and controls
Work with IT and business users to ensure reports give the right information, to the right people, at the right time, using Sentinel to provide security and governance over our data. Manage user access groups to ensure colleagues have access to relevant information. Monitor system performance to check information and reporting is accurate and work with IT and business users to resolve issues as they arise.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to design and create visually appealing, insightful reports and dashboards through Power BI;
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills, and a willingness to get involved with learning new systems;
- Logical, methodical approach, with high attention to detail;
- Experience of other insight tools e.g. Python, SQL, SAP, MS Access would be an advantage;
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business and their implications for decision-makers;
- Proven ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication styles and confidence to influence a variety of senior stakeholders;
- Desire to bring insight and challenge to the business to improve revenue and profitability;
- Passionate about being part of a culture where continuous improvement is delivered;
- The tenacity to work through details and deliver rigorous and meaningful insight.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
Disclaimer: If needed, this role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites could be required at necessary times.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email:firstname.lastname@example.org(we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory