Commercial Finance Analyst
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UK’s number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year – with more new openings planned for next year following encouraging sales performance post lockdown.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UK’s large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are embarking on the start of our recently refreshed strategy to be recognised as the world’s best greetings card retailer: everywhere, and for all occasions, the first choice for greeting cards.
Scope and purpose of the role
In this highly commercial, dynamic and forward-looking role, you will work closely with the retail and central operations teams as their FP&A business partner. You will be responsible for continuing to develop the business insight and planning for our stores alongside improving the performance and strategic decision-making of your key stakeholders.
Performance measures to support and challenge the business
You’ll ensure visibility and understanding of timely, clear and relevant KPI’s e.g. LFL sales volume and value, profit and returns for our UK and ROI stores. In collaboration with IT, develop the reports available via our data warehouse and automated BI platform.
Forecast value drivers and profitability
Take the lead on preparation of annual store specific budgets and quarterly forecasts which embed deliverable and challenging targets in the forecast and capture risks and opportunities. Facilitate the sales interlock process with the Commercial team.
Analysis and insight to influence strategy
Monitor and review store performance versus budget to challenge and galvanise action to keep performance on target. Identify operational levers that will drive improvements. Design, monitor and interpret retail trails for strategic improvements. Preparation of ad-hoc analysis for the senior retail management team. Help the business learn from past actions and identify new opportunities.
Be the face of finance amongst our retail and central operations colleagues, attending monthly retail meetings where you’ll present trading updates to the senior retail team and bring a unique finance perspective to constructively challenge the business to improve performance and add value to the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- Qualified accountant or MBA who is commercially minded;
- Strong commercial background, gained either via an industry route or through an advisory function in a large professional services organisation;
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business and their implications for decision-makers;
- Proven ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues;
- Excellent verbal and written communication styles and confidence to influence a variety of senior stakeholders;
- Desire to bring insight and challenge to the business through the use of data to improve revenue and profitability;
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills, and a willingness to adopt and use business insight platforms such as Power BI. Experience of Power BI would be an advantage;
- Passionate about being part of a culture where continuous improvement is delivered;
- The tenacity to work through details and deliver rigorous and meaningful insight.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory