Commercial Finance Analyst
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UKs number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years with more opening all the time.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UKs large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
Scope and purpose of role
We are well-placed to take advantage of continued growth opportunities in the UK and overseas. We are looking for a Commercial Finance Analyst to join us as our journey continues. In this commercial and forward-looking role, you will support the Commercial Finance Manager and work with the Buying and Merchandising teams. You will be responsible for significantly improving business insight, analysis and planning to improve the performance and decision-making of our routes to market.
Performance measures to support and challenge the business
Using your excellent knowledge of Excel and Power BI, create compelling reporting to inform the Commercial Team and Senior Managers, on how we are performing against our targets. Ensure visibility and understanding of timely, clear and relevant KPIs e.g. LFL sales volume and value, profit and returns for each channel through a suite of reports and dashboards.
Forecast value drivers and profitability
In partnership with the Buying and Merchandising teams, support the creation of detailed plans, which underpin the company budget and support our growth ambitions. Using your keen eye for detail and methodical approach, identify and investigate variances to understand commercial issues and ensure information is accurate.
Analysis and insight to influence strategy
Perform variance analysis of sales, gross profit, costs and contribution versus budget to challenge and galvanise action to keep performance on target. Identify operational levers that will drive improvements. Help the business learn from past actions and identify new opportunities.
Finance processes and controls
Work with the Commercial Finance Managers and other members of the team to ensure new initiatives are embedded into Card Factorys financial processes and control systems. Where the initiatives require new processes, participate in their design and implementation.
The Ideal Candidate
- Graduate calibre individual with qualifications in a related field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Business) or work experience in a similar field. May already be working towards a recognised professional qualification (or has desire to do so).
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills, and a willingness to adopt and use business insight platforms such as Power BI. Experience of reporting tools such as Tableau or Power BI would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to build productive business relationships with a wide network of finance and non-finance colleagues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication styles and confidence to influence a variety of senior stakeholders.
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the financial and non-financial drivers of the business and their implications for decision-makers.
- Desire to bring insight and challenge to the business to improve revenue and profitability.
- Passionate about being part of a culture where continuous improvement is delivered.
- The tenacity to work through details and deliver rigorous and meaningful insight.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
Disclaimer: If needed, this role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites could be required at necessary times.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email:email@example.com(we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory