Creative Services Manager
We are on the lookout for a talented Creative Services Manager to lead a new team of brand creatives. This team will be instrumental in helping us to celebrate all life’s moments with our colleagues, customers, and Partners.
As one of the top five best big companies to work for, we are committed to progressing our creative ambition and believe that this new team will help us achieve that. Reporting directly to the Brand Marketing Manager, this role will oversee brand creative content from across the business and work closely with external agencies to guide them in their creative projects. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in managing projects across multiple channels and supporting our UK and international expansion.
If you have previous experience managing a creative studio or a team of creatives, are passionate about brand and have the drive to inspire and energise a brand-new team, we want to hear from you!
We operate smart working principles at cardfactory, combining some days working from our support centre in Wakefield (1-2 a week) with some days working remotely from home.
In this role, you will be responsible for efficiently organising our in-house brand creative services team, making sure everyone knows what they’re working on and when it's needed by. You will manage relationships with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure that our creative projects are delivered on time and in line with our brand guidelines.
- Be the brand guardian in the creative team by ensuring our evolved brand guidelines are captured within all new creative concepts and development so we have brand creative consistency across all channels of our business.
- Be the direct contact for creative brand asset requests or questions from both colleagues and agencies, whilst ensuring brand governance. Review incoming briefs for brand asset creation, ask the right questions, and assign resource accordingly.
- Proof and review brand design work and QC all documents before they are signed off.
- Create and implement a monthly workflow update demonstrating projects goals, expectations, and deadlines to ensure a smooth production process with on-time delivery to relevant departments.
- Support with the production of lifestyle photoshoots, working closely with the Senior Creative Designer, Marketing, Digital and Commercial teams.
- Oversee and support our online and offline brand creative by working closely with the Digital, Retail, Property, Business Development and Commercial teams so that we have consistent messaging across all platforms.
- As and when required, support the brand creative team by collaborating on asset creation when capacity is limited.
- Lead weekly resource and project update meetings with the creative services team and Brand Marketing Manager.
- Direct line manager to the Senior Creative Designer and Senior Graphic Designer.
- Continually look to improve ways of working as well as further developing the skills of yourself and the team.
- Be continually curious about creative design developments, trends, software, and industry news to help further evolve the cardfactory brand.
The Ideal Candidate
- Substantial, proven experience in managing a creative studio or team of creatives is essential
- Experience in effectively scheduling resource across the team, managing the traffic of incoming briefs, reprioritising and juggling resource where needed.
- Confidently present to clients and senior stakeholders with clarity and impact
- Comfortable and engaged in meetings and workshops and can challenge a brief to get to the best solution.
- A strong verbal and written communicator, you are good with people and highly interactive.
- Proven experience in branding, establishing consistent visual language and messaging across multi-channel campaigns and digital comms.
- Experienced in performing and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Desire to develop deep understanding and nuances associated with individual creative disciplines.
About the Company
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greeting cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial well-being.
- 25% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership and mobile phone contracts
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Family leave
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A cardfactory