Digital Product Owner
This is a great opportunity for a business/IT professional to join the Digital team Card Factory as a Digital Product Owner. As a fairly new team, we are leading the way – looking for a strong, confident individual with a background in Retail/Ecommerce and the ability to lead and provide direction to Digital Product and Project Managers.
In this role you would be responsible for setting, prioritising, and evaluating work generated by our software Scrum team in order to deliver impeccable features and functionality of solutions.
At cardfactory we operate a smart working policy combining some days working at our head office in Wakefield, with working from home. In this role you can expect to work in the office approximately 1 day a week.
- Work with the Head of Digital Product Management to define and update the Digital Roadmap based on business priorities for allocated workstreams
- Provide support to Omni channel roadmap when there is product development need
- Providing direction to the workstream development team and stakeholders through scrum cycle
- Assess value, develop business cases and prioritise stories to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and writing and elaboration of the user stories and acceptance criteria to drive product quality
- Plan and lead all stakeholder communications to ensure transparency
- Define KPIs for each feature, ensure there is a business owner and that reporting of impact is agreed and rolled out
- Work with stakeholders, solution design and developers to ensure we optimise tools and 3rd party relationships to utilise capability that has already been invested in
- Prepare and present workstream roadmaps/updates/initiatives to stakeholders/wider business
- Manage investment budget and ensure that 3rd parties are delivering to agreed budgets, timings
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyse market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for 2-3 years in a Retail/Ecommerce environment
- Knowledge / experience of Agile process and principles
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
About the Company
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greeting cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial well-being.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A cardfactory