Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia
We are now looking to strengthen our existing Finance department and are recruiting a Management Accountant.
Scope and purpose of role
The core objective of the role will be to take ownership and responsibility for timely and accurate production of management accounts that detail business performance against budget and targets. The role will also support day-to-day accounting process and operations.
Reporting to the Head of Management Accounting,
- Production of Monthly Management Accounts,
- Analysing variances and producing insightful, actionable commentary,
- Partnering with relevant stakeholders,
- Key balance sheet reconciliations and analysis,
- Ensure key controls are maintained and developed in line with changes and growth across the business and continuously seek to improve how we operate within the function,
- Monthly sales and margin are consistent with weekly reporting and support Year End audit,
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process across the business,
- Work cross functionally to ensure compliance with tax and accounting rules,
- Work across the finance team to achieve joint outcomes.
The Ideal Candidate
- Be CIMA, ACCA or ACA newly qualified with a strong academic track record;
- Have strong analytical skills both quantitative and qualitative;
- Take pride in producing high quality, accurate and timely information with a high level of IT literacy;
- Have strong attention to detail;
- Be self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload, good planning and organisational skills and an ability to operate independently;
- Have a disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure to manage conflicting priorities and meet tight deadlines;
- Be hands-on, proactive with a positive “can do approach”
- Be a team player with good communication skills, both oral and written.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days’ annual leave (inclusive of bank and public holidays), per year
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
Disclaimer: If needed, this role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory