Part Time HR Advisor
Please Note: Due to the Government announcement of a further lock down in England, there may be a delay in processing your application.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are looking for a Human Resources Advisor to join our ER team on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. Within this role you will be responsible for all generalist employee relations process and activity.
- Support retail managers with performance management and development issues;
- Ensure all cases are logged and managed in line with process and in a timely manner;
- Specialist advice and case management of disciplinary, grievance, flexible working, absence and family leave;
- Support the process of consultations, changes in terms and conditions, redundancy and TUPE;
- Ensure all documentation relating to cases is filed to OpenHR within a timely manner, and is indexed to the correct location;
- Ensure GDPR regulations are fully complied with;
- Provide first line advice to store management and employees over the telephone ensuring the dissemination of best practice and compliance with Company processes;
- Provide support and guidance to the Assistant HR Advisor, coaching them and developing them in line with their job role;
- Work alongside the Learning and Development Manager to assist with the productions and delivery of HR Related training;
- Building and maintaining working relationships with Area Managers and Regional Managers ensuring effective communication regarding cases on the Area/Region;
- Liaise with employees verbally and in writing regarding their case, ensuring that they are kept fully informed of all Company decisions made;
- Complete a full review of all policies once per year and update where necessary, in line with changes in legislation;
- Achieve annual objectives, as set by the Head of HR and communicate any delays effectively;
- Provide sound advice around employment law and best practice, ensuring compliance with statutory procedures, keeping up to date with changes to legislation and case law.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has experience producing any ad hoc reports when necessary;
- You will have experience within a HR Advisory role;
- Have experience providing adjournment advice for disciplinary and grievances;
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times whilst complying with GDPR;
- Respond to requests in a timely manner;
- Will be an effective individual and have great team working skills;
- Being an advocate for great customer service internal and eternally;
- Able to effectively communicate with stakeholders;
- Able to provide sound advice around employment law and best practice, ensuring compliance with statutory procedures, keeping up to date with changes to legislation and case law.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
Disclaimer: If needed, this role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites could be required at necessary times.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory