Product Assurance Technical Assistant
Please note: Due to the Government announcement of a further lock down in England, there may be a delay in processing your application.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
This role is a brand new role based within the Product Assurance Team. The Product Assurance team play an important role within the wider Commercial team to ensure products are compliant with legislation and that they are fit for purpose for our customers. The Technical Assistant will provide overall support to the team and help to manage a range of day-to-day important functions. This is a great entry level role with opportunities for development and progression. This role requires a candidate who will bring enthusiasm, passion and organisation to the workplace.
- Management of the administration of our supply base
- Organisation and tracking of supplier documents
- Work with the Quality Control and Technical Manager to ensure corrective actions and audits are conducted
- Manage and track repeat orders to ensure products have had adequate testing
- Support with the Product Assurance Officers with the CE Technical File
- Ensure all documents produced meet legal requirements
- Complete monthly checks on FSC supplier status, help with audit preparation and general FSC ‘housekeeping’
- Manage issues and complaints and distribute to the correct team member
- Required reporting such as WEEE and Battery
- Product tracking on products such as food and cosmetics
- General administration of Quality Control documents
The Ideal Candidate
- An understanding of the Quality Control function and its importance;
- Experience within Quality Control is desirable but not essential;
- Experience working with Far East Suppliers is also desirable;
- Experience with producing reports;
- Self-starter and has ability to work as part of a team;
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines;
- The ability to work cross-functionally with other departments;
- Proficient Excel skills (Pivots and Look-ups);
- Excellent communicational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent Organisational skills;
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory