Regional HR Business Partner - South
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UK’s number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UK’s large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
We are now looking for a HR Business Partner to join our team covering the South Division. Whilst it is ideal you are based in the South, we will consider applications outside of this region but travel costs to the region will have to be personally covered (we envisage this being up to a couple of times per month). Travel costs within the region will be Company funded.
Working Location: Flexible - home working and travel as needed.
Scope and purpose of the role
Partnering with the Head of Retail for the South, and the Regional Managers within the division, this role will be accountable for implementing the people plan including; talent management, engagement, performance, and the development of leadership capability. The retail plan is underpinned by great leadership and is focused on driving business performance.
Reporting to the Head of People – Business Partnering
- Support the development and delivery of the HR Strategy,
- Build the people management capability of Regional Managers and Store Managers; through coaching to ensure that issues are dealt with proactively,
- Support and be a champion for the function in the implementation of the cyclical people review processes within the regions, including performance, reward, talent and succession planning,
- Support with organisational design including restructures and consultation processes,
- In conjunction with the regional retail team create and role model a positive performance management culture within the region,
- Provide strategic challenge to those you partner,
- Drive the creation and delivery of employee engagement plans, ensuring that they are fit for purpose and deliver improvements in engagement, and play a critical role in building an open, customer-focused and collaborative culture,
- Contribute to the development, and support with the rollout of, HR dashboards, monitoring of HR metrics and analysis of trends. Identify root causes and take proactive remedial action,
- Manage and deploy HR projects and change initiatives to deliver positive results,
- Support and coach the retail team on best practice case management, early conciliation, employment tribunals, policy and employment legislation,
- Manage commercially sensitive complex employee relations cases,
- Ensure that our legal obligations are met regarding TUPE transfers,
- Providing sound advice around employment law and best practice, ensuring compliance with statutory procedures, keeping up to date with changes to legislation,
- Being an advocate for great customer service internally and externally.
The Ideal Candidate
- Will be CIPD qualified or working towards accreditation;
- Have up to date knowledge of employment law;
- Experience of working within a commercially focused multi-site retail business;
- Ability to work at pace through a high volume of work, balancing immediate requests; and project work;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Have the ability to manage ambiguity;
- Have the ability to prioritise and manage your workload effectively;
- Have the ability to demonstrate tenacity and resilience;
- Have the ability to challenge and be challenged;
- Be self-driven with high standards of work;
- Good communicator with an adaptive style for differing audiences;
- Strong influencing and leadership skills with the ability to coach;
- Genuinely enjoys having the opportunity to influence and impact decisions;
- Positive ‘can-do attitude and a passion for people.
About the Company
In return for your amazing work, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- SAYE scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Flex My Day
- Discounts at over 800 retailers.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory