Regional Manager - South East London & Kent
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Card Factory plc is the UK’s number one retailer of greeting cards, wrap and gifts, selling a third of all cards in the UK. Since our beginnings in 1997, our disruptive business model has fuelled organic growth to over 1,000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
Card Factory focuses on the value and mid-market segments of the UK’s large greeting card market. Our scale and vertically integrated business model (in-house design team, print facilities, central warehousing and retail operations) differentiate us from competitors through price and quality. We enjoy impressive brand equity with UK shoppers.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia.
Working Location: home working and travel as needed, working within the South Division, covering South East London and Kent. You must be located within this area
Details: Full Time / 40 hours per week / Permanent
Scope and purpose of role
Within the role of a Regional Manager, you will oversee the management and control of stores within the designated region, to ensure consistent and high levels of customer service and store standards, to maximise sales and people potential, whilst adhering to Company policies and procedures.
- Leads a team of retail professionals to ensure profitable sales through a customer first mentality and right first time operational delivery in line with agreed processes and high standards and close management of costs;
- Deliver positive KPI results across the balanced scorecard;
- Understands and maintains current knowledge on market trends and competitors, acting on opportunity;
- Monitoring of sales/hours/costs/stock for each store, ensuring Stores trade to their maximum potential and within budget;
- Ensures full audit compliance across health & safety, loss prevention and right to work in every store;
- Assumes total accountability for the leadership and direction of their stores and teams, aligned to the operational plan;
- Delivers the agreed retail plan aligned to the Company strategy, ensuring consistency across the estate;
- Creates a high performance and development culture across the region through great coaching and empowerment;
- Ensures development of strong succession pipeline;
- Proactively works on own self-development seeking frequent feedback and has a robust PDP;
- Managing and developing the Store Managers in your region, dealing with all conduct or capability issues in line with Company procedures and within a timely manner.
- Creates a positive performance culture across the region by inspiring, developing and motivating Store Managers to deliver company standards;
- Recruiting Store Managers for new and current stores, adhering to the Company’s recruitment and selection procedures, ensuring the new recruit possesses the relevant key skills for the role;
- Resolving staffing difficulties across the region efficiently;
- Coaching Store Managers to get the best out of them and their teams;
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience of leading a team of retail professionals, delivering positive KPI results across the balanced scorecard.
- Leads by example, demonstrating consistent leadership behaviours;
- Commercially aware and business minded, focusing on how to strategically add value.
- Has up to date knowledge on market trends and competitors, acting on opportunity.
- Able to assume total accountability for the leadership and direction of the stores and teams, aligned to the operational plan.
- Can deliver the agreed retail plan aligned to the Company strategy, ensuring consistency across the estate;
- Able to manage and influence stakeholders across all business levels;
- Ensures development of strong succession pipeline;
- Engaged in the wider business, actively interested in making Card Factory a success;
- Role Models company values and behaviours, and truly leads the ways to ensure continued business success in an evolving retail environment;
- Is able to deliver strong sales through effective leadership;
- Has a flexible approach, and can easily adapt management style;
- Deals effectively with competing priorities and deadlines;
- Communicates clearly and in a timely manner.
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
About the Company
In return for your amazing work, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory