Retail Helpdesk Manager
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores in every corner of the UK and Republic of Ireland. We have an outstanding growth story, consistently opening 50 new stores a year in recent years – with more opening all the time.
We are also developing new routes to market for our products in the UK and overseas. These rapid growth areas include franchise operations and wholesale agreements with major retailers in the UK and Australia
We are now looking to strengthen our existing Retail Helpdesk team and are recruiting for a Retail Helpdesk Manager
Scope and purpose of the role
The core objective of the role will be to deliver great support services for the stores, field and Support Centre by working with their team to search out/ pre-empt issues or delivering a quick resolution. You will also seek out opportunities to improve the service we offer and inspire your team to do the same, you will have 6 direct reports within your team.
This role will be based at our Head Office just outside Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
Reporting to the Head of Retail Operations.
- Role models great service in all dealings with Stores, Field and Support Centre;
- Supports your team effectively;
- Looks for opportunities to improve ways of working;
- Works collaboratively with colleagues throughout the business;
- Stays up to date on all business processes and procedures to be able to provide accurate advice;
- Supports the Helpdesk Team at all times to manage incoming workload;
- Role models the Card Factory behaviours at all times;
- Actively looks for ways to improve service to colleagues and customers;
- Undertaking tasks within a timely manner;
- Records information accurately;
- Maintains confidentiality at all times;
- Ensures the team accurately logs issues to be tracked and permanently resolved;
- Reviews colleague contacts (telephone calls, messaging, emails) to understand trends and potential risks to the business;
- Manages and communicates clear escalation processes;
- Ensures that the team provides relevant and accurate information to support the identification of a solution;
- Defines and monitors ambitious Service SLAs;
- Escalates any trends or issues to their line manager in a timely manner
- Shares knowledge with the online service team to understand shared issues/ opportunities;
- Manages the Store Information database so that there is one version;
- Co-ordinates Central Operations elements of the New Store opening process;
- Ensures that visitors receive a warm Card factory welcome;
- Manages building access and the fire management roll call as required;
- Primary contact for GNFR item listing, data management and reporting.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous retail/ management experience,
- Understanding of demands of running a retail helpdesk,
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal,
- Have a professional manner at all times,
- Ability to remain calm when under pressure,
- Able to manage customer expectations and be able to deal with highly emotive situations,
- Excellent IT skills in particular Word and Excel,
- Good attention to detail,
- Able to work autonomously,
- Experience of managing call volume within a team environment and managing SLA’s.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory