Retail Risk Advisor
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
Our Central Operations Department are now recruiting for a Retail Risk Advisor, covering the North of England, NI, ROI and occasionally other areas of the country as required. This role comes with a company car and is 37.5 hours per week over 5 days.
The main responsibility of this role is to provide competent health and safety advice to store colleagues and Regional Managers to improve colleague and customer safety as well as manage operational risks and to drive sustainable improvements in Health & Safety compliance and standards.
- Support the Head of Group Health & Safety in delivering the Group H & S Objectives;
- Ensure that colleagues and managers are aware of their responsibilities in delivering safe places to work and shop;
- Complete Regional Manager Induction training and support Store Managers by coaching during Health & Safety Audits and visits;
- Identify risks during store visits and coach colleagues on the shop floor;
- Investigate accidents, incidents and claims thoroughly and provide guidance to colleagues and managers on how to reduce future occurrences;
- Visit new stores to complete initial assessments - support colleagues develop and complete their action plans;
- Monitor data and identify trends providing additional support and coaching where necessary;
- Ensure that Risk Assessment, Incident and Claims Management Systems are in place and followed across the group to improve Health & Safety metrics and reduce costs;
- Support the development of policies and procedures working with the Head of Group Health & Safety;
- Build a strong retail network allowing colleagues to provide honest and open feedback;
- Engage easily with others and provides competent H&S Advice to Store Managers, Regional Managers and Heads of Retail.
Core Accountabilities and Measures of Success
- Engage and develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders across the retail team and wider business, including Regional Managers, Heads of Retail and other functional leads;
- Provide clear information to key stakeholders and use it to develop strategies and ways of working, engaging with colleagues at all levels in order to improve H&S Standards and reduce colleagues & customer accidents and incidents;
- Provide support to stores before, during and after any enforcement visits and investigate accidents/incidents reportable under RIDDOR.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understands and is experienced in Retail Operations / Multiple locations;
- You will have experience in a similar role as a Risk Advisor / Safety Advisor / Health and Safety Advisor;
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health;
- Chartered Member of IOSH (CMIOSH) or working towards Chartered Status;
- You will be able to manage your own diary and be accountable for your work;
- Able to use data and insight to identify trends and key risk areas;
- Pays attention to detail and can communicate complicated issues simply;
- Manages time and own agenda effectively;
- Is trustworthy and approachable.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory