Risk Advisor - South Region
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
We are now looking to strengthen our existing Health and Safety team and are recruiting for a Health and Safety Risk Advisor – Field (South Region)
The main purpose of this role is to provide competent health and safety advice to store colleagues, Area and Regional Managers to improve colleague and customer safety.
- Ensure that colleagues and managers are aware of their responsibilities in delivering safe places to work and shop;
- Complete Area Manager Induction training and supports Store Managers by coaching during Risk Assessments and visits;
- Identify risks during store visits and coach colleagues on the shop floor;
- Investigate accidents, incidents and claims thoroughly and provide guidance to colleagues and managers on how to reduce future occurrences;
- Visit new stores to complete initial assessments - support colleagues develop and complete their action plans;
- Monitor data and identify trends providing additional support and coaching where necessary;
- Ensure that Risk Assessment, Incident and Claims Management Systems are in place and followed across the group to improve Health & Safety metrics and reduce costs;
- Support the development of policies and procedures working with the Head of Group Health & Safety;
- Build a strong retail network allowing colleagues to provide honest and open feedback;
- Engage easily with others and provides competent H&S Advice to Store, Area and Regional Manager.
The Ideal Candidate
- Understands and is experienced in Retail Operations;
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health;
- Pays attention to detail and can communicate complicated issues simply;
- Manages time and own agenda effectively;
- Is trustworthy and approachable.
About the Company
In return for your amazing work, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank and public holidays)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Salary Finance
- SAYE scheme
- Bonus Scheme
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- Flex My Day
- Discounts at over 800 retailers.
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory