Service Desk Analyst - Fixed Term Contract
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are now looking to strengthen our existing IT team and are recruiting a First Line IT Service Desk Analyst. This is a Fixed Term Contract ending no later than 8th January 2021.
As a First Line IT Service Desk Analyst, you will provide rapid and effective first line technical support to all users across the Card Factory Group. You will be working with a number of applications and systems and will be required to analyse and diagnose issues to provide sound resolutions to service requests and incidents. These requests may range from basic “how to” questions to obtaining further detail in order to assist with the solving of more complex technical issues.
- To provide first line support for workstations, tablets, mobiles, printers, peripherals and bespoke applications
- Act as the first point of contact for support requests into IT, achieving a high volume of first time fixes and escalating issues not within the First Line remit in accordance with internal process and best practice
- Ability to support MS Office applications used within the Company, including Adobe and Antivirus software
- Provide basic Exchange / Active directory support (i.e. Account creations, password resets, creation of groups etc.)
- To act as a point of contact for all phone calls and emails regarding IT issues, logging, and demonstrating ownership of such requests from receipt to conclusion
- To liaise with third parties where problems cannot be resolved in house and to escalate any unresolved issues
- Provide basic LAN/WAN/VPN support and troubleshoot basic network issues such as ADSL broadband issues
- The candidate will have experience of closing approx. 80-100 calls per day, and will have worked in a similarly high volume environment
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a fast paced, high-pressure environment;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Able to multi-task multiple issues concurrently;
- Strong communicational skills;
- Impeccable customer service skills;
- Proficient in all office suite applications and desktop operating systems;
- Knowledge of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL and TCP/IP is essential
You will ideally have experience of working in a similar environment preferably in the retail sector, demonstrating ownership, initiative, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is essential.
About the Company
The successful candidate joins at an exciting time for the business as a whole, but specifically an IT Department that is very centric to the delivery of our newly unveiled 5 year strategy. With the correct mind-set and capabilities, the successful candidate joins a department offering scope for exposure to experience specifically tailored to ensuring their development and future career success.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role involves out of hours working to suit the needs of the business and weekend working will be required on a rotating basis with other team members. The ideal candidate will also hold a full clean driving licence as travel between group sites may be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory