Technical Services Manager
Please note: Due to the Government announcement of a further lock down in England, there may be a delay in processing your application.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
The Technical Services Manager will lead the Operations Team to ensure that all IT Infrastructure is kept up to date, performant and resilient to ensure maximum availability to the Card Factory Group users. This role will also be responsible for working collaboratively with other IT Teams to lead the technical implementation of new systems, drive operational improvements and resolve infrastructure related incidents and problems.
The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time, with the IT Department central to the delivery of the company’s new 5-year strategy. With the correct mind set and capabilities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference and to develop their skills and experience whilst we embark on a transformation journey.
- Provide visible leadership and manage workload of the IT Operations Team, to drive performance to deliver a high standard of service to business users
- Act as the key technical escalation point for infrastructure related incident and problem investigation, working with other IT Teams as required, to resolve issues within SLA’s
- Ensure effective monitoring of systems, to provide sufficient capacity and ensure high availability of key services
- Ensure patching schedules are in place and maintained to key systems up to date and secure
- Ensure backup, AV and Firewall technologies run efficiently and are fit for purpose
- Proactively seek to identify areas for improvement and cost reduction, supporting the drive towards cloud based and automation technologies
- Work with the Architecture Team to technically assess new solutions, attending the Architecture Review Board where required
- Lead the implementation of infrastructure changes, ensuring industry standard processes and procedures are followed
- Manage and maintain licenses for core infrastructure components
- Ensure all required technical documentation is created and maintained
- Work closely with the IT Service Manager to assist in the successful transition of new services into support
- Work with other Teams and help foster a culture of collaborative working across the IT Department
- Undertake Team Leadership activities including 1:1;s, Team Meetings, objective setting, performance reviews, personal development plans etc
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 2 years previous experience managing teams responsible for infrastructure support and development;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including the ability to communicate technical information clearly to a non-technical audience at all levels of business;
- Motivated and enthusiastic individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to analyse complex problems and provide solutions, requiring hands on approach when required;
- Strong leadership and organisational skills with the ability to successfully coordinate and train staff;
- Microsoft MCSE / MCITP certification or demonstrable equivalent experience;
- Extensive Microsoft client and server administration experience;
- Proven experience with virtualisation technologies;
- Experience of VMware vSphere products;
- Shared storage management experience;
- Experience or exposure to the following is preferable:
- Microsoft Cloud Technologies
- Dell Compellent / EMC Unity / NetApp SAN configuration and administration.
- Cisco/Sonicwall/Fortigate Firewalls.
- Sophos Cloud AV.
- Rapid Recovery / Netvault / Qorestor Backup.
- Infrastructure Automation Skills
- Flexibility required to provide support outside of core business hours to assist in the resolution of major incidents and implementation of changes;
- Strong technical aptitude, with a passion for learning and driving optimisation;
- Understanding of the ITIL framework;
- Flexibility required to work outside of core business hours to support the resolution of major incidents and handle escalations;
- Ideally hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory