Visual Merchandiser - London
We are looking to appoint a London Visual Merchandiser at Card Factory in Wakefield. This role is responsible for creating effective Card and Non-Card merchandising plans across Everyday and Seasonal ranges for the London stores that help deliver improved sales densities, working closely with London Buyer and Merch Planner, incorporating demographic and format ranges that broaden the customer appeal, from concept to store delivery. Trial and amend plans where required following reviews. You will use trial and amend plans where required, following reviews. This role will support improving sales densities, optimising profit and sales.
You will be based at our Support Centre in Wakefield with an opportunity to work from home occasionally.
- Optimise profit and sales through creating effective merchandising plans across Everyday and Seasonal ranges, working closely with London Buyer and Merch Planner
- Space analysis across Everyday and Seasons working closely with Merch Planning
- Create Store layouts (including Seasonal and Christmas) based on analysis and review with team
- Trial and amend plans where required following reviews – drive changes
- Build all plans from start to finish and on Scorpion Merchandising system and Card Manager system
- Support with loading plans onto Card Manager and synchronise to stores accounts for auto replenishment
- Create Seasonal grids, Christmas layouts and condensed plans for each card range
- Ensure all store plans and barcoded labels are printed for launch / replans
- Create visual merchandising packs to communicate to stores
- Work cross-functionally with our Buying, Supply and Operations Teams to land the merchandising briefs in store achieving critical milestone
- Liaising with stores and Regional Managers regarding trials that have been implemented – what is working, what isn’t, etc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Ability to think outside the box
- Be able to work independently and as a team
- Previous experience of planning visual merchandising is essential
- Ability to challenge at all levels
- Good attention to detail and excellent communicator;
- Analytical skills would be advantageous
- Excellent Excel skills are essential.
About the Company
Card Factory is the UK’s leading specialist retailer of greeting cards, dressings, and gifts with over one thousand stores across the UK and Ireland. In 2020 we launched our exciting 5-year business strategy including our vision of becoming a true Omni-channel retailer. This strategy sees significant investment into our colleagues across the business creating multiple opportunities to join a fast-paced environment and be part of our exciting journey.
In return, we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental, and financial well-being.
- 15% Card Factory colleague discount in-store and online
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Financial Wellbeing Support
- Financial Education Tools
- Salary Advance
- Seasonal incentive schemes
- Retail Management Apprenticeship Programmes with local providers with access to a virtual internal network for learning together
- Discounted gym membership, mobile phone contracts, and car leasing
- Discounts across 100’s of UK retailers
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to tools to support mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, and Adoption leave
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies, please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A cardfactory