Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
This role will act as a subject matter expert in core business applications (e.g. AX, SAP) used across the Card Factory Group. Investigate and resolve complex application related incidents and problems, working alongside other IT Teams. Implement functional application changes and releases aligned to the application roadmap and in accordance to agreed processes, ensuring performance levels are maintained. Advise and educate the business on best practise use of the applications.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for key business applications across the Card Factory Group
- Work with wider business and Operations Team to ensure appropriate levels of capacity, availability, security and continuity is in place for all application components
- Document and implement functional changes to key business applications
- Work with Testing Team and help coordinate user acceptance tests for new application releases to ensure the application functions as required and new functionality is in line with expected benefits
- Identify application requirements / improvement opportunities
- Document interfaces between new and legacy systems
- Collaborate with the broader IT team and developers on new systems, changes and issues
- Assist in the training of users on key business applications supported by IT and produce training material where required
- Help train users on the new operation of systems and provide support
- Help manage environments across systems for development and testing
The Ideal Candidate
- Motivated individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills;
- Works well under pressure with the ability to multi-task;
- Proven experience in an application support role;
- Hands on experience with software analysis, testing and technical documentation;
- Working knowledge Enterprise business software applications i.e. MS Dynamics AX, SAP;
- Understanding of database technologies (e.g.MS SQL);
- Ability to distil technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Exposure to:
- PCMS Vision Commerce Suite – POS,
- Microsoft Dynamics AX (2009 /2012)
- Dell Boomi
- OneAdvanced Applications – OpenHR & OpenPeople
- Capable of operating in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when required, to support the IT team in resolving major incidents and implementation of changes;
- A full clean driving license is essential as travel between group sites is required
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: email@example.com (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory