Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
Are you a little bit mad?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward-thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
Technology increasingly underpins everything we do here at Card Factory and is an area we are investing into heavily, this is why we are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Analyst to join our IT Department.
Our IT Service and Operations function delivers high quality core technology services across the Card Factory Group, and is responsible for supporting our daily operations along with making relevant contributions to our IT strategy and business change programmes. The department implements, maintains, secures and improves a range of network and infrastructure services to allow Card Factory to operate and grow.
- Be an escalation point to the Service Desk on BAU Incidents;
- Contribute to and uphold best practices;
- Problem management and root cause analysis;
- Identify and suggest operational improvements;
- Be involved in key projects and rollout programs for new technical implementations.
- Produce documentation of systems, configurations and changes as required;
- Provide support for the following;
- Windows Server 2008 - 2019
- Microsoft Server Technologies including but not limited to: Active Directory, Exchange, Remote Desktop Services, Group Policy, & WSUS.
- Virtualisation Technologies – VMWare & Hyper V
- AV – Sophos Cloud
- SAN – Dell / EMC / NetApp
- Networking – Cisco/Dell/HP/Aruba
- Ensuring that the Groups Backup Technologies are running efficiently and are tested regularly;
- Ensure that AV and Firewall technologies are fit for purpose and operating correctly;
- Maintain existing systems using the infrastructure monitoring tools;
- Support the drive towards leveraging more Cloud based and Automation Technologies where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- Microsoft client and server administration experience;
- Strong skills and experience with virtualisation technologies;
- Server and Network Hardware skills;
- Network infrastructure maintenance experience;
- Experience of VMware vSphere products;
- Shared storage management experience;
- Experience designing and implementing changes and improvements.
- AWS / Azure based infrastructure;
- Dell Compellent / EMC Unity / NetApp SAN configuration and administration;
- Cisco/Sonicwall/Fortigate Firewalls;
- Sophos Cloud AV;
- Rapid Recovery / Netvault / Qorestor Backup;
- Foglight Monitoring.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory