Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
This role gives the ideal candidate the opportunity to impact change, leading the buying strategy for their categories, working with key stakeholders across the business to directly drive future growth for Card Factory.
- Develops strong cross functional partnerships in the Support Centre and field;
- Role models the Card Factory leadership behaviours at all times;
- Leads a Buying team, to ensure consistency across the category and alignment across the range on RSP;
- Consistently brings innovation into the department and inspires others to do the same;
- Seeks and acts upon feedback to make improvements;
- Able to influence stakeholders to achieve project goals;
- Work with the design and technical teams to develop a trend led customer focused profitable range.
Core Accountabilities / Measures of Success
- Carry out product reviews and make informed trading decisions to maximise profits;
- Identify Category opportunities which input into department strategy;
- Manage the overall Critical Path for the relevant categories ensuring all deadlines are met in a timely manner;
- Review the market, carrying out key competitor analysis and comparative shopping;
- Manage supplier strategy, relationships, tendering and contracts;
- Deliver a range that supports the ESG strategy for the business.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will have relevant experience within a similar role;
- Can demonstrate Leadership behaviours, leading their team by example whilst building strong working relationships;
- Develops and maintains excellent supplier relationships;
- Has experience of managing upwards and dealing with Senior Leaders in their current role;
- Has significant experience in global sourcing and has a proven track record of building strong supplier relationships; ideally across the following categories: Party, Seasonal, Wrap & Cards;
- Has a passion for Product innovation and Trend;
- Can demonstrate a proven track record of sales growth by delivering a credible trade plan;
- Enthusiastic approach to collaborative teamwork to drive results;
- Flexible in approach, and able to work as part of a wider team;
- Commercially astute, and able to deliver to plan and on time;
- Has a good understanding of figures and sales data;
- An excellent negotiator, with a focus on fostering positive relationships with the supply base;
- Ability to balance margin requirements;
- Experience working at a global/regional/multi country level;
- Analytical, interpretative and strong decision-making skills.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 33 days annual leave entitlement (inc public / bank holidays)
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory