Senior Service Desk Analyst
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
This role will work as part of the existing IT Service Desk Team, providing technical support on the more complex issues handled by the Service Desk, supporting all users across the Card Factory Group.
The successful candidate will join us at an exciting time, with the IT Department central to the delivery of the company’s new 5-year strategy. With the correct mind set and capabilities, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to make a real difference and to develop their skills and experience whilst we embark on a transformation journey
- To provide 1st and 2nd line support relating to end user devices, printers, peripherals, MS Office and bespoke applications and connectivity issues.
- Collaborate with other IT Support Teams and 3rd parties to investigate and resolve complex incidents within agreed SLA’s.
- Build and maintain desktop hardware and fulfil new starter requests.
- Provide LAN/WAN/VPN support and troubleshoot basic network issues
- Ensure that all Incidents and Service Requests are logged correctly in the IT Service Management Tool.
- Proactively identify, investigate and monitor incident trends and work with Service Management and other IT Teams to resolve Problems.
- Take ownership of incidents and requests from receipt through to resolution, ensuring detailed information is captured on actions to progress resolution.
- Document and distil complex technical solutions into knowledge articles for the wider team, working in conjunction with the Service Delivery function.
- Work on a Team shift rota (including on call and some weekends) to cover the required service support hours.
The Ideal Candidate
- At least 3 years’ experience working on an IT Service Desk in an ITIL environment;
- High Level of proficiency in all MS office suite applications and desktop operating systems and server administration;
- Experience of supporting Adobe and Antivirus software
- Understanding of Knowledge Management;
- Experience writing technical operating procedures;
- Experience of Exchange / Active directory (i.e. Account creations, password resets, creation of groups etc.);
- Good understanding of network concepts e.g. DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL and TCP/IP protocols;
- Basic networking skills e.g. LAN/WAN/VPN support;
- Understanding of ITIL Processes and has a logical approach to Problem Management;
- Motivated individual with a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Great team player;
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple issues concurrently;
- Flexibility to work outside of core hours when required to support the team in resolving major incidents;
- Works well under pressure and can multi-task;
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory