Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
Are you a little bit mad?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
Card Factory has over one thousand physical stores and multiple digital platforms and systems. With an agenda of continued growth and technology enabled change it is vital that that we create and maintain an IT Architecture to support our business and our customers.
As Solution Architect you will work to create and maintain systems architectures capable of serving our colleagues and customers.
- Propose software solutions and the development of differentiating business applications that will create business value and support the Card Factory business operation on a continuous basis. Assessing requirements and relevant business and IT data to identify.
- Responsible for preparing high-level estimates (scenario-level) and producing Solution & other technical documentation in line with Company standards.
- Give advice and provides consultation throughout the system life cycle.
- Assess the systems architecture currently in place and working with the technical teams to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Inspect implemented solutions and audit compliancy with the overall software portfolio and design.
- Providing advice on how to resolve technical problems as they arise, and mitigation strategies so that they do not occur again.
- Providing guidance to technical and non-technical teams.
- Continually researching current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Documenting and maintain architectural standards.
- Informing various stakeholders and delivery teams about risks / issues with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assessing the business impact of technical decisions.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or related field.
- Proven experience in architecture design.
- Previous project management experience is advantageous.
- In-depth understanding of architecture techniques and approaches.
- Sound knowledge of various operating systems and databases.
- Efficient communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory