Test Analyst - FTC
Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
We are now recruiting for a Test Analyst to join our IT function on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The Test Analyst will provide project testing support for a portfolio of projects, identified as part of the organisations plans.
The IT Test Analyst’s prime responsibility is initially identifying and subsequently defining the required tests, monitoring the test coverage and evaluating the overall quality experienced when testing the Target Test Items.
This role also involves specifying the required Test Data and evaluating the outcome of the testing conducted in each test cycle.
The Ideal Candidate
- Develop test scenarios, cases and scripts according to the specific test phases (e.g. System Test, Integration Test, etc.) for multiple Applications and software;
- Develop an extensive and detailed knowledge of our systems;
- Follow the defined approach and plan for specific test phases/sprints, including test preparation, execution and closure;
- Raising Defects as a result of test execution and passing said defects onto agreed resource for triage;
- Adhere to the (test) environment management strategy and plan;
- Ensure customer requirements (functional and non-functional) are adequately defined and are met and ensure the quality of product/release is assessed and understood.
- Adhere to the documented quality control and Change management processes for the test deliverables
- Assist in the development of a high-performing team, alongside the other functional and technical consultants involved in test activities
- Provide out of hours (test) support where required for deployments
- Experience in previous implementations or migrations. A successful track record working as a testing analyst
- Experience of system testing standards and procedures for all testing cycles of system implementation and support.
- Experience of end to end test phases from scoping through to execution and production of test completion report.
- Experience of test planning and delivery.
- Knowledge of Shared Services business processes associated with HR, Finance, Payroll and Procurement.
- Experience of tracking progress of tasks and activities, and preparing reports and statistics to present that progress.
- Experience communicating directly with customers in writing, by telephone, and face to face
- Experience of defect logging, tracking and reporting
- Experience of stage gate process and the testing activities involved Hold ISTQB certificate Prior experience as a test analyst through the full SDLC cycle Working within a cross-functional team environment, with defined planning and control processes
- Good communication skills with (internal and external) staff at all levels, including listening and providing answers
- Ability to identify and manage risks and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-organising, able to prioritise own workload and seek input from stakeholders when required.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
Visit our website to see the products we sell at https://www.cardfactory.co.uk/
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory