Do you lead the way?
Are you a grafter?
Are you loyal?
Are you a little bit mad?
If yes, read below to see how you could be a part of our story!
Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
The IT Test Lead will provide project testing support for a portfolio of projects, identified as part of the organisations plans. The IT Test Lead’s prime responsibility is to define and maintain testing standards, procedures, scripts and schedules for all testing cycles including unit, system, integration, user acceptance, regression, upgrade, patch, stress & performance testing. To provide test advisory services and assistance in co-ordinating and managing appropriate testing activities throughout the business and with suppliers.
To manage the extended test team of internal analysts, UAT testers, supplier testing and outsourced testing services.
- Propose and adopt new ways of working and new processes to ensure that testing is meeting customer needs in the most efficient and effective way.
- Maintain own knowledge of industry standards, trends and best practice and where appropriate propose their application in Card Factory.
The Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for the charge of up to a team of 4 Test Analysts;
- Create Test Approach and Test Plan documentation based on functional and non-functional specification provided, engaging with Business people, developers and other Technical staff as needed;
- Ability to set up and hold Quality Gate meetings to ensure software is in a fit state to move to the next phase;
- Manage everyday test execution and manage stake-holders expectations through the duration of the test work;
- Providing support within the team, being responsible for knowledge and skills sharing within the team, and providing mentoring to team members as required;
- Develop an extensive and detailed knowledge of our systems
- Follow the defined approach and plan for specific test phases/sprints, including test preparation, execution and closure, and supporting monitoring and control processes
- Adhere to the (test) environment management strategy and plan
- Maintain a strong relationship with the key stakeholders and act as a point of contact for test-related activities across the product/programme and, especially, within the working alongside customer, integrator and third-party resources as appropriate.
- Ensure customer requirements (functional and non-functional) are adequately defined and are met and ensure the quality of product/release is assessed and understood.
- Adhere to the documented quality control and Change management processes for the test deliverables.
- Assist in the development of a high-performing team, alongside the other functional and technical consultants involved in test activities.
- Provide out of hours (test) support where required for deployments.
- Experience of system testing standards and procedures for all testing cycles of system implementation and support.
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders on Release, Programme and Project Boards.
- Experience of managing end to end test phases from scoping through to execution and production of test completion report.
- Experience of test planning and delivery.
- Knowledge of Shared Services business processes associated with HR, Finance, Payroll and Procurement.
- Experience of prioritising testing efforts based on knowledge of business risk, and designing appropriate test plans and test scripts based thereon.
- Experience of tracking progress of tasks and activities, and preparing reports and statistics to present that progress.
- Experience communicating directly with customers in writing, by telephone, and face to face.
- Experience of defect logging, tracking and reporting.
- Experience of stage gate process and owning the testing activities involved
- Hold ISTQB certificate.
- Prior experience as a test lead through the full SDLC cycle.
- Working within a cross-functional team environment, with defined planning and control processes.
- Good communication skills with (internal and external) staff at all levels, including listening and providing answers.
- Ability to identify and manage risks and strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-organising, able to prioritise own workload and seek input from stakeholders when required.
- Experience in previous complex implementations or migrations.
- A successful track record working as a testing analyst and planner.
About the Company
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- 25 holidays + 8 bank holidays
- Save as you Earn scheme
- 15% Staff Discount
- Discounted Gym Memberships
- O2 open mobile contracts
- Salary Finance
- Discounted Car Leasing
- Employee Care
- Flex My Day
- Card Factory Foundation
- MyCardFactory App: discounts at leading retailers
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
For any questions email: firstname.lastname@example.org (we do not accept CVs/Applications via email)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once sufficient suitable applications have been received. We advise applying early to avoid disappointment as applications will be reviewed regularly.
No agencies please.
Sportswift Ltd T/A Card Factory